Additional InformationHeads are going to turn when they hear the sound that pumps through the JBL GX Series speakers. But get in and “whoa!” they look incredible. Designed to fit most factory specs, the GX series flaunt a new HARMAN-proprietary tweeter deflector, they’re individually voiced, and have three-ohm voice coils for optimal power distribution. Add Plus One™ woofer cones, edge-driven soft dome tweeters and an ogle-worthy design, and you’ve got a speaker that does much more than deliver killer sound.
Trend-setting speakers that deliver high-fidelity sound you’d expect from JBL — great for those who want a superior audio experience while upgrading the style throughout their car’s interior.
At a Glance:
OEM-level reliability testing
Plus One™ woofer cones
Three ohm DCR voice coils
Frequency response up to 21kHz
HARMAN-proprietary tweeter deflector
Edge-driven soft dome tweeter
External crossover housing
What's in the Box:
One strip with mounting tape
One set of mounting hardware
- Plus One™ Woofer Cones
- The GX962's Plus One woofer cones provide more overall speaker cone area than others in the class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air.The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Edge-Driven Soft Dome Tweeter
- Soft dome tweeters deliver a smooth high-frequency response and an increased power handling for highs and mids, which equates to more lifelike sound from vocals, cymbals, brass instruments and pianos.
- True 4 Ohm Technology
- The majority of factory-speaker wiring is so thin that it can’t draw the necessary power for great sound. With low-impedance, three-ohm voice coils, the GX Series speakers can pull more power from the amplifier, which means a clearer, richer sound for the listener.
- Frequency Response Up to 21kHz
- Hear what you’ve been missing — the JBL GX Series offers a frequency response that delivers the full-range response associated with exceptional sound.
- Individually Voiced
- For most brands, off-the-shelf speakers and a cursory approval of frequency response curves are good enough. That’s not the case with JBL. We don’t only listen to our speakers against the competition — we voice them against each other to ensure each line has the consistent JBL sound signature that’s known and sought out by those who care about their audio. This is just part of an extensive development process undertaken by some of the best transducer engineers in the world to provide the finest listening experience at any price point.
- JBL-Proprietary Tweeter Deflector
- Acting as a waveguide, the tweeter deflector allows for an angled, rotating speaker, which optimizes the off-axis sound performance. Because all cars are designed differently, this allows impeccable sound to travel throughout all locations in the cabin.
- Affordable Pricing
- The JBL GX Series are all designed to give audio enthusiasts more boom for the buck — while they maintain a conservative price point, there is never a compromise in sound.
- OEM-Level Reliability Testing
- JBL tests every speaker design to the same rigid specifications as the automakers, subjecting them to extreme conditions that would break lesser speakers. We freeze them, bake them, shake them, blast them with ultraviolet light and drive them at full power for days to make sure your audio investment lasts for years.
Plus One® Technology
Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6” x 9” coaxial car audio loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 21kHz
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2.3 ohms
Search Result For ""