Additional InformationJBL GTO 509C component speakers handle 225 watts peak power (75 watts RMS). This much power makes for an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series’ amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers and satisfy high-fidelity audiophile listeners. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
Two-way, 5-1/4" (130mm) midrange speaker with a 3/4" (19mm) tweeter
At a Glance:
25 – 225 watts suggested amplifier power range
Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
Three-ohm voice coils
Vented magnet assemblies
Frequency response up to 21kHz
High sensitivity (92dB@2.83V/1m)
Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
12dB/octave passive crossovers
Speaker grilles and tweeter-mounting hardware
Industry-leading product development and evaluation standards
What's in the box:
1 pair of speakers
1 pair of speaker grilles
1 pair of tweeters
Tweeter surface mount cups
Tweeter angle mount cups
Tweeter mounting screws
- 25 – 225 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the GTO 509C midrange speaker to produce strong, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 225 watts of power. This makes the GTO 509C an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series’ amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers and satisfy high-fidelity audiophile listeners. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
- Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The GTO 509C’s Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, its carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
- The fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames used in the JBL GTO 509C 5-1/4-inch (130-millimetre) woofer/midrange drivers resist warping even when you mount them on uneven surfaces. Their nonmagnetic carbon composite helps to control the magnet’s energy and deliver it to the voice coil instead of wasting it as heat. What’s more, the plastic doesn’t resonate. The result of this control is accurate sound in your car.
- Three-ohm voice coils
- Three-ohm voice coils in the JBL GTO 509C compensate for the added resistance by thin factory-installed speaker wiring. They also provide more output than other factory-installed speakers of the same class.
- Vented magnet assemblies
- The JBL GTO 509C speakers feature vented magnet assemblies on the woofer/midrange driver to help cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling and helps eliminate power compression that can distort the speakers’ sound.
- Frequency response up to 21kHz
- A wide frequency response that extends beyond 20kHz helps compensate for speaker-placement variations in your car and for human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the JBL GTO 509C’s 3/4-inch (19-millimetre) component tweeters deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- High sensitivity (92dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wide range of power to provide great sound without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 92 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 metre, the JBL GTO 509C two-way component speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. That simply means better performance overall with moderate power driving the speaker. And better performance makes the GTO 509C two-way component speakers an ideal replacement for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket speaker installation.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
- The edge-driven, soft-dome-tweeter design in the JBL GTO 509C’s 3/4-inch (19-millimetre) component tweeter increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. Edge-driven tweeters also have better dispersion characteristics and allow a lower crossover frequency, which improves imaging. The result is better vocals and clarity in your music. There’s no sense having it loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- 12dB/octave passive crossovers
- A dedicated 12-decibel/octave passive crossover network in the component sets increases power handling and musical clarity in the JBL GTO 509C two-way component speakers. It provides protection for the tweeter and more contoured filtering at the crossover point between the woofer and tweeter.
- Speaker grilles and tweeter-mounting hardware
- The JBL GTO 509C two-way component speakers include attractive black-metal mesh grilles to protect the speakers whenever they’re mounted in a location requiring a grille. In addition, the tweeters have the patented I-Mount tweeter-mounting system that allows easy flush or surface mounting, giving you more installation options.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 5-1/4" (130mm)
- Power Handling (RMS)
- 5W - 200W
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 ohms
- (2.83V/1m) 92dB
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Frequency Response
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- External Diameter (in)
- Mounting Depth (mm)
- External Diameter (mm)
- Mounting Depth (in)
Search Result For ""