Additional InformationJBL GTO 529 coaxial speakers handle a robust 135 watts peak power (45 watts RMS). This much power makes for an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels, or even with many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations to help keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
A 5-1/4" coaxial (130mm) that installs easily and produces superior JBL sound
At a Glance:
25 – 135 watts suggested amplifier power range
Plus One woofer-cone technology
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
Three-ohm voice coils
Vented magnet assemblies
Frequency response up to 21kHz
High sensitivity (92dB @2.83V/1m)
UniPivot and adjustable tweeter level
Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
Speaker grilles and adapter mounting rings
Industry-leading product development and evaluation standards
What's in the box:
1 pair of speakers
1 pair of speaker grilles
- 25 – 135 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the GTO 529 coaxial speaker to produce strong, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 135 watts of power. This makes the GTO 529 an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels, or even with many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations to help keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
- Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The GTO 529’s Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than others in the same class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, the carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Carbon-Composite Non Magnetic Frame
- Looking for a longer lasting speaker? Look no futher than the GTO9 Series. Our Carbon-Compostie, non magentic frames maintain their integrity and precision even under thew most demanding conditions.
- True 4 Ohm Technology
- Three-ohm voice coils in the JBL GTO 529 speakers compensate for the added resistance by thin factory-installed speaker wiring. They also provide more output than factory-installed speakers in the same class.
- Vented magnet assemblies
- The JBL GTO 529 speakers feature vented magnet assemblies on the woofer/midrange driver to help cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling and helps eliminate power compression that can distort the speakers’ sound.
- Frequency response up to 21kHz
- A wide frequency response that extends beyond 20kHz helps compensate for speaker-placement variations in your car and for human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the JBL GTO 529 coaxial speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- High sensitivity (92dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wider range of power to provide great sound without overdriving the audio system. With sensitivity of 92 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the JBL GTO 529 speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. That means better overall performance with moderate power driving them. And better performance makes the GTO 529 speakers an ideal replacement for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket speaker installation.
- UniPivot and adjustable tweeter level
- UniPivot (U.S. patent no. 6,002,780) is an innovative feature on the GTO 529 that allows a tweeter to be aimed at the listening location for better stereo imaging and high-frequency response at the listener’s ear. You can also easily adjust the tweeter output from 0 to +3 decibels to compensate for low and off-axis mounting positions or road noise.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
- The edge-driven, soft-dome-tweeter design in the JBL GTO 529 increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. Edge-driven tweeters also have better dispersion characteristics and allow a lower crossover frequency, which improves imaging. The result is better vocals and clarity in your music. There’s no sense having it loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- Speaker grilles and adapter mounting rings
- The GTO 529 speakers include attractive black-metal mesh grilles to protect the speaker whenever it is mounted in a location requiring a grille.
Plus One® Technology
Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 5-1/4" (130mm)
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 ohms
- (2.83V/1m) 92dB
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Frequency Response
- Mounting Depth (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
- External Diameter (mm)
- External Diameter (in)
- Mounting Depth (mm)
Search Result For ""