Additional InformationJBL® GTO 629 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) speakers handle a robust 180 watts peak power (60 watts RMS). This much power makes for an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
Coaxial 6-1/2" (165mm) factory-sized replacement speakers
At a Glance:
25 – 180 watts suggested amplifier power range
Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
Three-ohm voice coils
Vented magnet assemblies
Frequency response to 21kHz
High sensitivity (93dB@2.83V/1m)
UniPivot and adjustable tweeter level
Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
Speaker grilles and adapter mounting rings included
Industry leading product development and evaluation standards
What's in the Box:
1 pair of speakers
1 pair of speaker grilles
- 25 – 180 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the GTO 629 coaxial speaker to produce strong, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 180 watts of power. This makes the GTO 629 an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
- Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The GTO 629’s Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Its carbon-injected cone material results in a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is better low-frequency response and less effort to produce those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Carbon-Composite Non Magnetic Frame
- Looking for a longer lasting speaker? Look no futher than the GTO9 Series. Our Carbon-Compostie, non magentic frames maintain their integrity and precision even under thew most demanding conditions.
- True 4 Ohm Technology
- Three-ohm voice coils in GTO 629 speakers allow compensation for any added resistance by thin factory-installed speaker wiring. They also provide more output than factory-installed speakers of the same class.
- Vented magnet assemblies
- GTO 629 speakers feature vented magnet assemblies to cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling and helps eliminate power compression that can distort the speakers’ sound.
- Frequency response to 21kHz
- A wide frequency response that extends beyond 20kHz helps to compensate for speaker-placement variations in your car and for human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that GTO 629 speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- High sensitivity (93dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wide range of power to provide great sound without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 93 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the GTO 629 6-1/2'' (160-millimeter) speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. That simply means better performance overall with even very moderate power driving the speaker. And better performance makes the speakers an ideal replacement for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket speaker installation.
- UniPivot and adjustable tweeter level
- UniPivot is an innovative feature on the GTO 629 that allows the tweeter to be aimed at the listening location for better stereo imaging and high-frequency response at the listener’s ear. You can also easily adjust the tweeter output from 0 to +3 decibels to compensate for low and off-axis mounting positions or road noise.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter diaphragms
- The edge-driven, soft-dome tweeter design in the GTO 629 increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. Edge-driven tweeters also have better dispersion characteristics and allow a lower crossover frequency, which improves imaging. The result is better vocals and clarity in your music. There’s no sense having it loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- Speaker grilles and adapter mounting rings included
- The GTO 629 speakers include an additional set of mounting adapter rings to allow the speakers to fit securely in a broad range of factory speaker openings that match this size. In addition, attractive black metal mesh grilles are also included to protect the speaker whenever it’s mounted in a location requiring a grille.
Plus One® Technology
Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- (2.83V/1m) 93dB
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 ohms
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- Mounting Depth (in)
- External Diameter (mm)
- External Diameter (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
- Mounting Depth (mm)
Search Result For ""